Healthy Baked Chicken Nuggets
Chicken nuggets meal is an easy chicken recipe that your whole family will love. It is a very kid- friendly dish, too.
Children always eat it at restaurants, but we believe it is not healthy for them. Most of the time, nuggets are fried in repeatedly used oil and are high in fats. We also can’t be confident that the nuggets are made of pure chicken meat without other unhealthy additions.
Thus it is better to let our kids enjoy their favorite meal, but this time it is going to be a homemade and healthy dish.
Your kids will also love to participate in shaping their nuggets with their own hands.
Give it a try; your kids will be so excited!
- 3 large skinless boneless chicken breasts( minced)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3tsp olive oil
- 1tsp garlic powder
- 1tsp onion powder
- 1\2 tsp cinnamon
- 6 tbsp whole wheat Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 3 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- Olive oil spray
- Preheat oven to 425°. Spray a baking sheet with olive oil spray.
- Put the minced chicken in a bowl; add salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder, cinnamon and olive oil.
- Mix them well by your fingers, and leave the mixture in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Spray a baking sheet with olive oil.
- Make small balls of the chicken mixture, then shape them tenderly with your fingers( you may use shapes like hearts or stars…etc).
- In another bowl, mix breadcrumbs with parmesan cheese.
- Put a few chunks of chicken at a time into the breadcrumb mixture to coat, then on the baking sheet.(repeat until all is done).
- Lightly spray the top with olive oil spray then bake 8 – 10 minutes. Turnover then cook for another 4 – 5 minutes or until cooked though.
- Serve with ketchup, mayonnaise or whatever sauce you would love for dipping.